Temporary Associate Editor (Parental Leave Replacement)
Friends Journal seeks a part-time editor to cover the upcoming parental leave of our associate editor. This is a temporary position of 28 hours per week starting on May 24, 2021, and continuing through August 23, 2021. The compensation is $21/hour.
The associate editor works with the editorial team to shape our contributors’ writing into polished material for the magazine. This editor’s role includes: planning and creating departments (short and recurring sections in the magazine); leading the proofreading process; and corresponding and coordinating with our remote volunteer book review, news, and milestones editors.
We are seeking someone with:
- Excellent editing skills and command of grammar
- Experience with online communication platforms (we use Submittable, Google Drive, Slack, and Zoom)
- Familiarity with Friends Journal
- Access to their own reliable computer and Internet
This is a remote position.
Apply via Submittable and include:
- Cover letter
- Contact information
- Examples of your writing and/or editing (either web links or attachments)
- Contact information for 2 references
We request applications by April 16, 2021.