Friends Journal is a publication of Friends Publishing Corporation (“FPC”), a Pennsylvania nonprofit organization described under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Founded in 1955, FPC promotes the religious concerns of the Religious Society of Friends and the education and information of its members and others by means of the written or spoken word. In furtherance of its religious and educational purposes, FPC accepts written work (“Work”) submitted by individuals outside of its organization, through writing contests and other means, for publication and distribution in Friends Journal and other FPC publications.
I, __, am submitting Work to FPC for possible publication and distribution and I agree as follows:
- I hereby give permission and grant FPC and its agents, successors, licensees and assigns, a perpetual and royalty-free license to archive, publish, reproduce and/or distribute and otherwise use the Work and in conjunction with such use, identify me by my full name.
- I understand that I will own the copyright to such Work. I hereby represent and warrant to FPC that the Work provided to FPC is unique and original to me, clear of claims or encumbrances, and does not infringe on the rights of any third parties.
- I understand that if anyone else jointly owns the copyright to such Work, or may have a claim to such ownership, that I am obligated to disclose such joint ownership to FPC upon submission of the Work.
- I understand that FPC and its agents, successors, licensees and assigns shall have the right to use (including publish) the Work, in whole or in part, individually or together, and/or in conjunction with any printed matter and online or electronic content (such as blogs, etc.), in any and all media now known or later developed, and for any purpose whatsoever.
- I agree that I am not entitled to any payment or any other consideration for FPC’s use of the Work.
- I hereby waive any right I may have to inspect or approve any use (including publication) of the Work pursuant to this license and release.
- I hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless FPC, its legal representatives and assigns and all persons acting under its permission or authority, from any liability in connection with its alteration or use of the Work. This license and release is binding on my successors and assigns, and it is continuous and may not be revoked.
I have thoroughly read this license and release and fully understand its meaning and impact.
Related documents in PDF form: