If you follow Friends Journal online but have yet to join as a member, you’re missing out! Please join us: A digital‐only membership costs just $4 a month (even less if you pay annually). Let’s get you started!
Members get more. A beautiful magazine. A community of fellow seekers. But most of all, our members help us keep creating Quaker content and making it accessible to the world!
Join today and start your membership with the May 2020 issue, including these articles:
- Poetry editor Nancy Thomas describes how “faith battles fear” as her Quaker retirement community adjusts to pandemic life.
- Katie Breslin looks at what Friends are doing to stay connected with their meetings through technology.
- Greg Woods considers what we can learn from how other Christian denominations are addressing the sacrament of communion during quarantine.
- “What does it mean to be spiritually grounded?” Michael Wajda reflects on his effort to develop a closer connection to the Living Presence.
- Food insecurity, healthcare access, gun violence, prejudice: Quaker‐affiliated youth share stories about tackling these and other crises in our 7th annual Student Voices Project.
- Kat Griffith reveals how a chocolate donut offered a moment of grace in “God in the ATM.”