An introduction to the January 2019 issue, “A Racially Diverse Society of Friends?”
Elizabeth Oppenheimer in Friends Journal
Searching article titles, author names, and full text of all articles since 2002:
Martin Kelley is senior editor of Friends Journal: [email protected]Posted in: Among Friends, Racially Diverse Society of Friends (January 2019)
The primary way to develop racial stamina is to wade or dive in.
Elizabeth (Liz) A. Oppenheimer carries a concern for addressing whiteness and racism among Friends. She recently distributed an open letter to white Friends, which is on her web-log at _thegoodraisedup.blogspot.com_. She is a member of Bear Creek Meeting outside of Earlham, Iowa, and worships with Laughing Waters Friends Preparative Meeting of Iowa Yearly Meeting (Conservative).Posted in: Features, Racially Diverse Society of Friends (January 2019)
A group of Friends hopes to identify North American Quaker burial grounds that hold remains of African American men, women, […]
Current committee members for Honoring Those Known Only To God are from Alaska, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. You can visit the Honoring Project's YouTube channel at http://bit.ly/YouTubeHonoringProjUGRR or email them at [email protected].
- Avis Wanda McClinton, Upper Dublin (Pa.) Meeting, Philadelphia Yearly Meeting
- Joe Coscia and Tricia Coscia, Yardley (Pa.) Meeting, Philadelphia Yearly Meeting.
- Linda Lotz, Haddonfield (N.J.) Meeting, Philadelphia Yearly Meeting.
- Elizabeth (Liz) Oppenheimer, Laughing Waters Friends Preparative Meeting (Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn.), Iowa Yearly Meeting Conservative.
- Sarah Yvonne Blackburn Kehoe, Chena Ridge Friends Meeting (Fairbanks, Alaska), Alaska Friends Conference.
- Tom Grabe, Germantown Meeting (Philadelphia, Pa.). Philadelphia Yearly Meeting.
Update: This list has been revised to include the names and monthly and yearly affiliations of members of the committee.Posted in: Online Features, Race and Anti-Racism
Never Having Set Foot in the Meetinghouse by Yohannes “Knowledge” Johnson
What Does the Outside Say? by Brad Stocker
Faces of Addiction by Eric K. Hatch
Faithful Action on Climate Change by Lynn Fitz‐Hugh
Experiments with Worship by Elizabeth Claggett‐Borne
Holding Unite the Right to the Light by Debby Churchman