Quaker Bestsellers 2017
September 1, 2017
Bestsellers at the FGC Gathering in Niagara Falls, New York
1. Viking Economics: How the Scandinavians Got it Right—and How We Can, Too
By George Lakey. Melville House, 2016. 320 pages. $26.99/hardcover; $17.99/paperback; $15.99/eBook. (Reviewed in FJ Nov. 2016.)
2. Fit for Freedom, Not for Friendship: Quakers, African Americans, and the Myth of Racial Justice
By Donna McDaniel and Vanessa Julye. Quaker Press of FGC, 2009. 548 pages. $10/paperback. (Reviewed in FJ Nov. 2009.)
3. Black Fire: African American Quakers on Spirituality and Human Rights
Edited by Harold D. Weaver Jr., Paul Kriese, and Stephen W. Angell, with Anne Steere Nash. Quaker Press of FGC, 2011. 278 pages. $23.99/paperback; $11.95/eBook. (Reviewed in FJ Jan. 2012.)
4. Far Apart, Close in Heart: Being a Family When a Loved One Is Incarcerated
By Becky Birtha, illustrated by Maja Kastelic. Albert Whitman & Company, 2017. 32 pages. $16.99/hardcover. (Review in FJ forthcoming.)
5. George Fox’s “Book of Miracles”
By George Fox, edited by Henry J. Cadbury. Quakers Uniting in Publications, 2000. 176 pages. $10/paperback.
6. Our Life Is Love: The Quaker Spiritual Journey
By Marcelle Martin. Inner Light Books, 2016. 230 pages. $30/hardcover; $17.50/paperback; $10/eBook. (Reviewed in FJ Aug. 2016.)
7. Tracking Down Ecological Guidance: Presence, Beauty, Survival
By Keith Helmuth. Chapel Street Editions, 2016. 243 pages. $20/paperback. (Reviewed in FJ Feb. 2016.)
8. Worship in Song: A Friends Hymnal
Friends General Conference, 1996. 404 pages. $30/hardcover; $18/spiralbound. (Reviewed in FJ Apr. 1997.)
9. Holy Silence: The Gift of Quaker Spirituality (Second Edition)
By J. Brent Bill. Eerdmans, 2016. 159 pages. $15.99/paperback or eBook. (Reviewed in brief in FJ Apr. 2017.)
10. The Quaker Way
Adapted by the Religious Education Committee of FGC, illustrated by Signe Wilkinson. Friends General Conference, 1998. 70 pages. $7.95/paperback.
Comments on Friendsjournal.org may be used in the Forum of the print magazine and may be edited for length and clarity.